Friday 23 July 2010

Pink and Green

Bringing in these beautiful hydrangea heads this week to brighten up our hall, reminded me of something else that is pink and green - but as yet unfinished.


My pink and green quilt, yet to have a name, has been waiting for it's binding for a long time. I've brought it out from the quilt cupboard now and found some fabric to make the binding, so this weekend I plan to do a bit of cutting and sewing and maybe even a bit of finishing.


The pink and green combination works so beautifully in nature that it never fails in design either. I especially love the candy pinks and citrus shades that Heather Bailey uses in her fabric ranges, and the fresh contemporary shades of Amy Butler's designs - they always inspire me. I used some of them in the Little House Sewing Set shown here, from my latest book Home Sweet Home.

Have a great weekend.











No comments: