Friday 8 October 2010

ABC

This is a tiny alphabet sampler for a child's room, made up as a small decorative cushion and part of a project I designed for Crafts beautiful magazine earlier this year. On the back of the cushion I used some sweet nursery print fabric from here.
I really enjoy using the huge variety of Japanese prints available on children's themes, they are so pretty and well-designed and because of the small scale they work really well for mini projects and tiny appliques.

My post today has to be quick as I'll soon be looking after Daisy while her parents are at a wedding. She might snooze quite happily in the cot under the storybook quilt...or....she just might not!!

It's been a lovely week, and I've enjoyed having new visitors and visiting new blogs too. I'll be back soon. Have a great weekend. x


5 comments:

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, I love your blog. Wonderful pictures and crafts. Very inspiring! I have a new blog only 3 post so far but I am enjoying it. I will follow you with pleasure. Have a nice weekend. xo Robin

Pipany said...

I do love your work Helen and your pictures are so very pretty too. Always a calm feel when I visit. Have a lovely weekend and hope your afternoon with Daisy is fun (and peaceful!) x

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

What a cheerful room. Daisy is a lucky girl to have such a talented grandma! Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty little cushion Helen!
Enjoy your day with your little granddaughter. :)
Have a lovely weekend!
Vivienne x

barbara said...

Would love to get back into cross- stitch soon, this is so sweet ... and the flower garden quilt hanging over the cot ...